WELL DONE TO ALL OUR PARENTS WHO COMPLETED THE FAMILY PHONICS COURSE!!!
My name is Vicky Shallaker and I am the Family Support Worker in school. My role is to provide support, advice and information to families within our school community. I can help you with any worries that you may have about your child’s education, behaviour and wellbeing. I am also here as someone to talk to if you need it.
I can meet you at home or in school at a time to suit you. Advice and support is confidential (although concerns relating to the safeguarding of children will always be dealt with according to the school’s Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy).
I may not have all the answers, but hopefully I can support you to work out how to find them.
Support for pupils includes
- Promoting good attendance and punctuality.
- Promoting self-esteem and confidence.
- Promoting positive behaviour and positive attitudes to learning.
- Providing one-to-one support.
Support for families includes
- Providing information and signposting to other services in the local area.
- Liaising with a range of external services such as housing.
- Advice and support in promoting positive behaviour at home.
- Guidance with career and personal development and access to training and workshops held in school or the community.