Our vision and values
Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
- To create and sustain a happy environment in which all can experience and develop a love of learning through actively promoting positive relationships between all adults and pupils;
- To build upon the positive strengths of our School Community, it’s building and environment; endeavouring to use the schools resources to the best of our ability.
- To recognise and celebrate the value of each child and to help individual children to reach their full potential in all areas of their development by setting standards and expectations at the highest level.
- To strive for excellence in all we do in providing the highest quality teaching and learning situations, using a rich variety of activities within a broad, balanced, and coherent curriculum.
- To ensure that all children receive their statutory entitlement within the legal requirements of the National Curriculum.
- To ensure that all children are provided with the highest quality resources for learning, within the constraints of the school budget.
- To develop further children’s understanding, skills and knowledge necessary and relevant to their adult life within a rapidly changing society.
- To seek to provide equal opportunities for all, irrespective of race, gender, disability and background.
- To foster a Christian ethos in which children develop a respect and understanding of Christianity through living within a caring, loving and committed community.
- To foster a respect and understanding of different faiths, cultures and backgrounds.
- To develop children’s personal responsibility, sensitivity to their environment, social skills and cultural awareness within the School Community and in the wider context of local, national and world issues.
- To enhance communications between staff, governors, parents, parishioners and the local community of Collyhurst and develop further their involvement within our School.