Saviour C of E Primary School welcomes a diverse population of students, staff and carers. We recognise and respect difference in people and believe that everyone should be treated with equal value. We believe that diversity is a strength which should be respected and celebrated by all those who learn, teach and visit us.
Through our broad and balanced curriculum, we ensure children have a chance to express their beliefs and opinions in a safe and non-judgmental environment. Our pupils are taught to be tolerant and respectful of others.
At Saviour C of E Primary School, we are committed to ensuring equality of opportunity for all pupils, staff, parents and carers irrespective of sex, race, gender, disability, belief, sexual orientation, age or socio-economic background. We aim to develop a culture of inclusion and diversity in which all those connected to the school feel proud of their identity and are able to participate fully in school life.
We tackle discrimination through the positive promotion of equality by creating an environment which champions respect for all.
Equality in Teaching and Learning
We provide all our pupils with the opportunity to succeed and to reach the highest level of personal achievement. We do this by:
- Ensuring equality of access for all pupils and preparing them for life in a diverse society.
- Using materials that reflect the diversity of the school, population and local community without stereotyping.
- Promoting attitudes and values that challenge any discriminatory behaviour or prejudice.
- Providing opportunities for pupils to appreciate their own culture and celebrate the diversity of other cultures.
- Seeking to involve all carers in supporting their child’s education.
- Utilising teaching approaches appropriate for the whole school population which are inclusive and reflective of our pupils.